We, NET Ship Management Inc., do uphold individual’s data privacy rights and assure its stakeholders – Principals, Land-based Personnel Seafarers and it’s Families, that all personal data collected and to be collected, are managed in compliance to the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (RA No. 10173 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR).
This Privacy Statement provides information on how we collect, use, manage and secure personal information necessary to serve our corporate clientele better.
Why do we collect your personal data?
To enable us to perform processes related to provision of globally competitive Filipino seafarers, it is important for NSM to collect, use, manage and secure your personal data.
What kind of personal data we collect?
It is necessary for us to collect information such as the following in order for selection and documentation related to pre and post-employment:
1. Personal information such as full name, mailing and e-mail addresses, contact numbers;
2. Sensitive information such as nationality, spouse name, civil status, gender, age, birthdate, government issued identification card/document with photograph
which includes, but not limited to identity cards, passport, social security number, TIN, driver’s license, PRC, UMID, bank allotment, individual health and medical records.
3. Name, birthdate and gender of family members for the processing of Health insurance. Kindly note that when you provide information other than yours, you certify that you obtained their consent to disclose and process those information of your parents, spouse, children,
dependent or about another person. You also certify that all personal data you submit is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
How we collect your personal data?
1. Upon personally filling-up the NSM database or the application form, you are thereby submitting your personal data voluntarily.
2. Upon your verification or when you refer a person to verify the information you provided to NSM Personnel; when you visit and connect to our website and social media pages.
How we preserve and protect your personal data?
NSM maintains the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data from theft, loss, penetration or breach. We are continually developing organizational, physical and technical security measures necessary to protect your personal information. As a rule, NSM is not allowed to share your personal data to third party. However, by giving your consent, you authorize NSM to disclose your personal data to the individuals and entities that is necessary for the proper execution of processes related to employment, training, allotment, medical and insurance policy purposes.
Where and how long do we store your personal data?
Your personal data will be stored in secured filing rooms in NSM’s offices or archived in a third-party storage facility located in the Philippines. Once deleted, your personal data will no longer be searchable and will be completely removed from all the storage location.
To exercise your rights under the DPA or should you have any inquiries or feedbacks on
NSM Data Protection Officer
Net Ship Management Inc.
Scandic Palace, 4291 Emilia St. Palanan, Makati City
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone No.: 846-8456